Monday, January 16, 2006

My Golf set


The first set that I played with was the one borrowed from the club. When one of my friends was making a trip to the south east, I asked him to pick up a set for me. The problem? He had no clue of what golf and golf clubs are all about. He picked up a set alright, and the reason why he picked that particular one was, frankly, quite simple. ‘I liked the bag’, he says!!! The name of the brand is ‘Fairway’. I had never heard of it before, nor does the internet throw up any results!! Actually, the only problem with the set is that the iron heads are made of soft alloy and not stainless steel. Now the result is that there are a lot chips that come off from the clubhead, if you play on a hard course or bump against a pebble or stone when taking your shot. Otherwise the set plays alright, but I think its time for a serious upgrade.

No comments: